BSMT Dwellers Playwrighting Competition
Theatre BSMT wants to read the horrors you are writing about! The horror theatre genre is an exciting creative playground, so if you have a script you feel fits with the Theatre BSMT mandate, send it our way!
The winning submissions receive workshop support, a cash prize and are considered for future Theatre BSMT programming. Theatre BSMT is Calgary's only Horror Theatre company and we believe it is important to help grow the genre by fostering an environment where The strange and unusual are more than welcome.
– Applicants must be an Alberta resident
– The play should not have been previously produced in its current format
– Scripts written by more than one author are acceptable.
HOW TO APPLY
Scripts can be submitted by email (with “BSMT Dwellers” as the subject line) by MIDNIGHT on the day of the application deadline by email to firstname.lastname@example.org *Late submissions will not be accepted*
– A cover letter describing the playwright(s) background, a brief synopsis of the play and how it aligns with Theatre BSMT’s mandate
– Resume(s) of the playwright(s)
– One copy of the script (PDF Format)
Applications for the 2019 competition are now closed! Please check back frequently to stay up-to-date on the 2020 dates and deadlines!